Monday, April 07, 2008



I´ve been writing just what I´m doing... but I was watching a movie "Before Sunset", which was recommended by many friends, because it´s just about a conversation recorded at once, and identified myself when she talked about her staying in Varsovia. I think it describes a bit what I felt in Norway and what I miss most, even knowing such feeling can´t last forever anywhere I live.

"In a couple of weeks something changed in me...This city was quite gloomy and gray...but after a while, my brain seemed clearer. I was writing more in my journal...ideas I´d never thought of before. It took me a while to figure out why I felt so different.

...I realized that I had spent the last two weeks away from most of my habits.

TV was in a language I didn´t understand. There was nothing to buy, no advertisement anywhere...so all I´d been doing was walk around, think and write.

My brain felt like it was at rest...free from the consuming frenzy. It was almost like a natural high. I felt so peaceful inside. No strange urge to be somewhere else, to shop...maybe it could have seemed like boredom at first...but it quickly became very soulful...It was interesting...you know"

2 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Per Oddvin Stornes said...

Hei Tais! I'm USA now! I'm doing volunteer work in an organization in Chicago, doing dishes from 7 in the mornig to 2 in the afternoon. It's not what I had in mind when I went here, but someone has to do that as well. Will be here upto middle of May. Then I will meet Finni and have some fun days with him:) And the last month I'm here I will visit some relatives in LA and Minnesota.

How are you doing? Working now?

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Prince Williams Mawanda said...

Hei Tais, iv bn peeping here today (in fact i do often;p) its funny how i identify with this post. I loved the movie too, quite genius how a dialogue can be so captivating;)

Anyway have fun, hope ur doing great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home