Monday, March 31, 2008

PROJETO NOVO MUNDO: Isabele, Jaqueline e Milena
Jamily
meninos
D. Maria Passador
Today I went to visit this project "Vinde a mim os pequeninos". I got impressed with things I saw and heard. Things we usually say as a joke, we couldn´t say there and it was hard to be aware of that...
I suppose to teach them how to brush their teeth, but some of the children don´t have water or energy at their homes! But no one complained about those things...on contrary, we could see a joy in everything they did.
Impressing also was some vonlunteers working there, for example, D. Maria Passador, she is going every Saturday mornings for many years to teach them the Bible and make food. Now she is also helping this new project, cooking every day, without earning any money for that and paying to help the children. Another girl, is Ana Laura, she is just finished with her studies, she is a portuguese and english teacher. One of the most inteligent person I know and know spending lots of time at this place. Two other people working there are: Maraíza and Nega.
There are only 20 children until now, going every day and getting food and learning lots of new things. While I was there, many mothers came to ask if we could accept their kids, but there is not more place now. People who pass in front of the house, get impressed, it´s the most beautiful house in the neighborhood, maybe one of a few painted houses there.
Besides my specialization course in Sao Paulo twice in a week (which I´m afraid of...), now I´m teaching at this project one morning in a week...becoming more and less dentist at the same time....

1 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Kay Amund said...

I started thinking about the children projecjt I atended in Uganda, it was much of the same! and there is so many more children to help out there!

So good that U can be apart of it, and help some one:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home