Sunday, March 25, 2007

...I LOVE MY CHURCH...
1.Where Christ is present in faith, the home is church, too.
2.Faith is formed by the power of the Holy Spirit through personal, trusted relationships - often in our own homes.
3.Faith is caught more than it is taught.
4. The church is a living partnership between the ministry of the congregation with the ministry of the home.
5. If we want Christ children and youth, we need Christian adults/parents around.
It was a part of the seminar I watched in a Creek conference called BARNELEDER.
Some famous speakers from US, who I didn't know from before, and I really admire now: Sue Miller and David Anderson.
And I can say, after the conference, I feel so grateful...
Grateful for my family and the education they gave me, for my parents and my brothers. It was there where I learned how to give the first steps. Each "home service" at night when I was small got a very precious value. We used to look forward to the meetings, we use to fight to organize the folders, to choose some songs, listen the story and sometimes to listen not so good things about us.
I was growning up and learning to receive people at home...be hospitality...in the paper, I was the leader of the youth, but who really was doing everything were them. My father used to take each one to take us to the movies or even to take us to another city...even after he had worked for the hole night.
Every wednesday, we had cell group at home. After working, they always prepared some food for us. The group got so big that they had to buy more chairs. Around 50 people every week, who used to leave very late and make lots of noisy...Many who didn't feel comfortable at the church, but felt in my house.
Remembering the year that my grandparents leaved at home, my mother was in a hurry all the time, but never complained she was tired.
My friends still can go to my house when I'm not there. Many times, instead watching a movie with me, they were sitting in the kitchen next to my mother to talk with her...(isn't it Silvana?? hehe).
David Anderson told us he started a campain: INVITE A FRIEND TO YOUR CHURCH. It means: invite your friends to your home, because there is your first congregation. This what I learned since I borned. And this is why I'm so grateful to have my parents as example for me.
At the same time, I always believed we were the perfect family and now I know we were so much far to be...so many problems, so many things I didn't agree. But again, David remembered us how the Christianity was built through people who were making mistakes all the time. And this is how the Holy Spirit works, through HUMAN BEINGS, when they are sincere.
I would like to write all the Bible examples he gave us. But it's enough to say how many times my parents told us their mistakes. How many times they told me things I didn't think they should say...
"There is no real faith without doubts! But it's walking in faith with doubts in GRACE!"

I received a lot, I learned a lot, had so much good examples, and now it's a big responsability to apply all of this...at the same time, the only thing I really expect and want is a family who is sincere, honesty about everything and then, together, we can be a church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home